BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a technology that allows a user to use his personal mobile device to work with corporate resources. This technology is mostly used in companies where employees have to use their personal mobile devices for professional purposes. In Smart home sphere this technology can be successfully used to give guest access to an object. For example, when relatives come to a user and they need access to certain control functions of the house. The standard procedure in this case is to get in touch with the integrator. But it is complicated and tekes time. These difficulties can be solved with the help of BYOD technology. All guests have to do is to install the app and scan a QR-code. After getting data from a QR code the app downloads the required project that has guest access to the object.
This concept is successfully used in the hospitality sphere. When a guest checks in, a receptionist sets the dates of checking in and checking out and gives a generated QR-code to the guest. After scanning the code a guest has access to devices in his hotel room. Access is limited in time by the dates of cheking in and checking out. Thus, after a guests checks out he has no access to devices.
1) It’s simple to use. There is no need to register or authorize in the system. All that has to be done is to download the app and scan a QR-code from it.
2) Security. A user has access to those functions, that an integrator set in a guest project.
3) Adjusting for a device. The system determines the resolution of a user’s device and gives a project with corresponding parameters.
4) Different user rights. BYOD system can include several groups of projects with different functions (guest projects, projects of the object owner, projects of the object personnel)
5) Simple device replacement. If a user loses his smart phone, he can download a control project on a new device on his own. There is no need to authorize or download a project manually.
Iridium Mobile Invitation : https://iridi.com/signup/?ap_invite=1057OP81V
Poseidwn Tech on Social Media:
Tweets by Poseidwn_Tech
KNX Tutorials Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNJVyvij10Ftuv3Ng7gcBgU-Ztco8T_SJ
KNX Web Page : https://www.knx.org/knx-en/index.php
KNX Basic Course Documentation : https://amzn.to/2pASDCM
KNX Advanced Course Documentation : https://amzn.to/2I1mw68
Visualization Software : https://iridi.com
KNX Devices :
Vimar KNX Switch : https://www.vimar.com/en/int/catalog/product/index/code/20840
Weinzierl KNX Baos 777 : https://www.weinzierl.de/index.php/en/all-knx/knx-devices-en/knx-ip-baos-777-en
MDT KNX Dimming Actuator : http://www.mdt.de/EN_LED_Controller.html
K-Bus KNX Power Supply : http://www.video-star.com.cn/en/ProductsDetail.aspx?code=010107&id=27
Schneider Electric Circuit Breaker : https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/product/A9N21556/idpn—circuit-breaker—idpn-n—1p-%2B-n—10a—c-curve
Master Electric LED Controller : https://www.master-electric.gr/product.php?product=161&lang=en
Mean Well 24V DC Power Supply : http://amzn.to/2EPx62U
Led Stripe 24Volts : https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338263542&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2Fmextronic-LED-Stripes-LED-Band-LED-Strip-5050-Neutral-White-4000K-72W-500cm-24V%2F273065361110%3Fhash%3Ditem3f93f6bed6%3Ag%3AzToAAOSwnMBagJNV
Cool by Tobu https://soundcloud.com/7obu
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/lbMraHEhdgM
Originally published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8A3GtOCVks